Version 3.8.0 - September 15th, 2014
* (PRO) New Quick Command notification allows you to use your choice of 3 remote buttons from a secondary notification.
Android API 16+ ONLY!
* (PRO) Added 'Multiple On/Off' (long-press on POWER button) to quickly set power on all or specified networked receivers (primarily intended for restaurants, bars,
* (PRO) New option to control default behavior when short-pressing on the POWER button.
* (PRO) Some newer devices complained about missing WAKE_LOCK permission when using that option.
* (PRO) Built-in Search Assistant 'DVR search screen' macro changed to reflect changes to DirecTV menus. Thanks Gabe!
* (PRO) Added ability to use volume, mute and input buttons in macros and sending 'power' in a macro now also controls the TV/AVR if one is configured for current
* (PRO) Long-pressing on the Replay button will skip back to the beginning of the recorded program. DirecTV network control only.
* (ALL) Added ability to use IR (HTC or Samsung only) to control power on Genie *clients* that are configured for NETWORK control in the app. Obviously your phone
or tablet needs to have IR. :)
* (ALL) If current receiver does not have a volume profile associated with it then volume, mute & input buttons are now disabled.
* (ALL) IR was not working correctly on Galaxy devices running Android 4.4.3+, ironically due to an Android IR bug being *fixed* in 4.4.3. Thanks for your help Richard!
* (ALL) Scrolling Remote: Buttons surrounding the navigation buttons are now spaced further away.
* (ALL) Many other minor changes and bugs fixed.
Version 3.7.3 - February 23rd, 2014
* (ALL) Fixed error related to PackageManager introduced in last update. Sorry about that!
Version 3.7.2 - February 22nd, 2014
* (ALL) Fixed FC/ANR that was occurring on certain HTC devices running newer versions of Android when attempting to set up the app (caused by an HTC IR support
* (PRO) Search Assistant: Changed default macro for opening the search screen on latest Genie DVR firmware due to menu changes.
Version 3.7.1 - February 8th, 2014
* (ALL) Fixed "DirecTV_Remote is not a folder" error introduced in last update that was occurring on brand new installations. I sincerely apologize to those who
Version 3.7.0 - February 1st, 2014
* (PRO) Remote & Mini-Guide screens stay above lock screen and/or automatically dismiss it if unsecured (where available)
* (ALL) Delete receivers from the app by long-pressing on receiver in Setup/Scan screen
* (ALL) DirecTV IR control: Fixed IR detection on KitKat/Custom ROMs and added LG
* (PRO) Improved macro reliability with IR-controlled receivers (also try increasing macro delays if you have problems)
* (ALL) Remote Designer: up & down nav buttons didn't size proportionately to the left & right nav buttons
* (PRO) Option to only show currently selected receiver in the Mini-Guide (as opposed to all of them)
* (ALL) Maximum number of automatic config/prefs backups kept (created when a new version is installed) is now limited to 10 most recent
* (ALL) Addressed some rare ANRs and other issues seen in crash reports
* (ALL) Brought back the Useless Mystery Button on the Options screen
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 3.6.1 - November 26th, 2013
* (ALL) Fixed: False error message when sending IR commands on Galaxy devices (Thanks Jared!)
Version 3.6.0 - November 17th, 2013
* (ALL) App now allows IR control of DirecTV receivers on select Samsung Galaxy and HTC devices with built-in IR. This feature was added
for those who have an Android device with built-in IR but do not have networked DirecTV receivers.
* (PRO) Attempt to fix FC on some devices (reported on S4) when controlling volume using volume rocker buttons
Version 3.5.1 - November 10th, 2013
* (ALL) Fixed: The app now appears in the recent tasks list again. Note that exiting the app from an expanded notification may also remove
it from the recent tasks list.
Version 3.5.0 - November 9th, 2013
* (PRO) 'Exit App' button added to expanded notification on supported Android versions (the app can still be reopened by pressing the main
* (ALL) If app couldn't communicate with DirecTV receiver causing a network timeout, main remote screen could pop up on its own if user had opened a different screen
* (ALL) Remote Designer: Added small D-Pad to floating toolbar to assist with fine-tuning a button's position
* (ALL) Remote Designer: Added ability to display angled buttons as horizontal (rotate)
* (PRO) Sending volume commands using the device volume buttons should work a bit smoother now (requires v2.0.1 or newer of the volume plugin, released on same
Version 3.4.1 - August 28th, 2013
* (ALL) Remote Designer: Fixed bug toggling visibility on volume & channel buttons when using the master visibility checklist
* (PRO) When viewing more info on a show, choosing the IMDb option will now use the IMDb app if installed
* (ALL) Long-pressing on the 'Exit' remote button now allows you to fully exit the app (same as Menu > More > Exit App)
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 3.4.0 - August 21st, 2013
* (PRO) Introducing the MEmote: Now you can create your own remote control layout using only the buttons you want, where you want them, and you can also adjust
their size! Menu > Remote Style > [Remote Designer]
* (PRO) Long-pressing on 'Power' now has an extra option to only send power request to the TV/AVR.
* (ALL) 'Application has stopped' error when exiting app on recently released Android 4.3 should now be fixed
* (ALL) Fixed rare NPE error
Version 3.3.2 - June 30th, 2013
* (ALL) Stability (random crashes or force-closes on Honeycomb and higher Android versions due to 'Network on Main Thread' errors). Please let me know if anyone
still continues to get these.
* (ALL) Built-in Android menus on certain devices have been replaced with the new custom menus (pressing the Menu button will open the new custom menu rather
than the built-in Android menu).
Version 3.3.1 - June 26th, 2013
* (ALL) Fixed occasionally unresponsive sub-menu (Menu > More)
* (ALL) Fixed FC related to notifications on Honeycomb (Thanks Andy!)
Version 3.3.0 - June 24th, 2013
* (ALL) Enhanced/expanded notifications where available (Jellybean, etc).
* (PRO) Expanded notifications (Jellybean, etc) contain buttons for quick access to remote, mini-guide or notification refresh (to expand the notification, perform a two-
finger swipe down on notification).
* (ALL) Greatly reduced redundant notifications. This was more noticeable on certain Android versions than others and on some could have been distracting or
* (PRO) Added ability to enter a domain name when manually adding a receiver for those who use DDNS. See this FAQ for details... there is a "trick" to enable this
Version 3.2.0 - June 14th, 2013
* (PRO) Power button turns green or deeper red depending on receiver's power state
* (PRO) Mini-Guide shows power state of the receivers (green or red indicator)
* (ALL) More accurate warnings & messages when app fails to communicate with a Genie CLIENT (hint: leave 'em on for best results!)
Version 3.1.0 - June 1st, 2013
* (ALL) Fixed: Button image quality on certain larger devices inadvertently introduced in last update.
* (ALL) Changes made in attempt to address some markets showing that the app is incompatible with larger tablets.
* (ALL) On some newer devices, the original menus will no longer be available. To accommodate this, a "menu" button was added to the far-right side of the silver bar
at the bottom of the screen.
Version 3.0.0 - May 24th, 2013
* (PRO) Added 'Input' button for controlling input on TV/AVR in volume plugin (where available)
* (PRO) Device volume buttons can be used to control TV/AVR volume while app is active
* (ALL) Volume, Mute and Input buttons are now visible even if Volume plugin is not installed (can be hidden in Prefs screen)
* (ALL) Under certain circumstances, On Now notifications could fail to update after user left Mini-Guide while it was populating
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 2.5.1 - March 17th, 2013
* (ALL) App could lose its state when returning to it in a different orientation than it was left in
Version 2.5.0 - March 10th, 2013
* (ALL) Added Genie CLIENT (C31) support! (Thanks Nate!) >> Genie/C31 owners: please re-scan for receivers!
* (ALL) Mini-Guide was always doing a complete refresh under certain conditions even when it wasn't necessary
* (ALL) Fixed Mini-Guide error when a favorite channel had an empty channel value (rare/unlikely)
* (ALL) Added option to attach app configuration file when emailing developer (SD card required)
* (ALL) Package size reduced
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 2.4.1 - March 1st, 2013
* (ALL) Scan progress text was sometimes not centered in spinning progress meter
* (ALL) Mini-Guide failed to populate channels that were manually added with leading zeros in them (i.e. 02 or 002 as opposed to 2)
* (ALL) Addressed rare error with scan logging
* (ALL) Option to email scan log to dev if scan finds nothing
* (ALL) Touched up graphics on some of the button images
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 2.4.0 - December 7th, 2012
* (ALL) Fixed EXTREMELY SLOW & problematic DirecTV receiver scanning on atypical network configurations. Thanks Tim!
* (PRO) Long-pressing on a volume button now allows you to send multiple volume up/down commands at once. (Volume plugin required)
* (PRO) Options to keep Mini-Guide and Favs list open after tuning a channel.
* (PRO) Fixed problem where macro execution hung if it couldn't communicate with the receiver.
* (ALL) Better handling of errors in the prefs file.
Version 2.3.0 - November 16th, 2012
* (ALL) Preparations for the volume plugin! This will be an open beta-test for Pro *and* free users.
* (ALL) Removed pointless 'Startup Remote style' option that probably nobody uses.
* (ALL) Attempt to fix occasional instance where app appears to restart when exiting. Difficult to reproduce = difficult to fix. :)
Version 2.2.8 - November 4th, 2012
* (ALL) Accidentally broke the notification service scheduling during a recent overhaul. Not a good week for updates. Sorry about that!
Version 2.2.7 - November 3rd, 2012
* (ALL) Error could occur when app started with no receivers set up yet (Thanks Steven!)
* (ALL) Other minor changes
Version 22.214.171.124 - October 29th, 2012 (update for FREE version only)
* (FREE) Under unlikely circumstances, the mini-guide could have failed to populate. This could possibly happen if the user had purchased and ran the pro version,
changed the Mini-Guide Source option, reverted back to the free version, and then the chosen guide source receiver's IP address changed. Unlikely? Probably.
Possible? Yes. :)
Version 2.2.6 - October 28th, 2012
* (ALL) Mini-Guide stability on some newer devices (also added Abort button just in case problems continue for those experiencing them). This was difficult for me to
duplicate but I am hoping this is now fixed. If not, the Abort / Reset button should at least get it back to a usable state.
* (PRO) Macros should now be much more reliable for people who previously had problems with them. For those who didn't, you may be able to slightly lower the
macro delays now without losing reliability. For some reason, trying to use a macro on certain devices would cause the app to no longer send macros, and when it did
they were very flaky. This has been tested on a device exhibiting this problem and should now be fixed. (Thanks Larry!)
* (ALL) Mini-Guide now tells you if the current show was recorded (playing back).
* (ALL) Several minor bugs fixed & other small changes.
Version 2.2.5 - October 14th, 2012
* (ALL) App name has changed to DirecTV Remote+ (plus) to prevent confusion with a similarly named app
* (ALL) Increase in overall app speed (screen loading)
* (ALL) Mini-Guide stability & reliability... Re-worked in order to fix problems reported by some users
* (ALL) Mini-Guide now displays what is on next in addition to the current show
* (PRO) Optionally change channel on multiple receivers at once through the Favorites or Mini-Guide (long-press on an entry)
* (PRO) Easily create and restore app settings/backups (Menu>More)
* (ALL) Notification no longer suspends when viewing the Mini-Guide
* (ALL) App was "killing" itself after prompt for rating even if "kill on exit" option was not set in prefs
* (ALL) Various other minor improvements & changes
Version 2.2.4 - July 27th, 2012
* (ALL) Fixed problems that could arise if Android or user kills the cached background process to free up memory while On Now notifications
are enabled and active. It is recommended to install this update ASAP if using version 2.2.3 released on July 26th, 2012.
* (FREE) The pro-only option for constant On Now scanning for channel changes was not dimmed out in the free version prefs screen. The option still didn't "work" in
free version even if it was selected, but could be confusing if the user can enable and disable the pro-only option (and even more confusing if enabling said option didn't
seem to do anything).
Version 2.2.3 - July 26th, 2012
* (ALL) Fixed: On Now Notification service constantly ran in the background
* (PRO) Long-pressing on the remote Power button now allows you to explicitly send Power ON *or* OFF to the receiver. A short (normal) press still toggles as before.
* (ALL) Option to allow user to completely force-stop the app when 'backing out' from a main remote screen
* (PRO) Option to control On Now service frequency when app is not active. Useful if you are also changing channels with the Shortcut Add-On app or a real remote
* (ALL) Fixed rare issue where Mini-Guide could get stuck in limbo and unable to populate the guide data
* (ALL) Made an attempt to fix the strange vibration & sound issue experienced on a couple specific devices
* (ALL) Internal Help updated; Other minor changes
Version 2.2.2 - July 8th, 2012
* (ALL) Mini-Guide now shows which receiver is selected (being controlled in the app).
* (ALL) Improved WiFi detection and made some revisions to how and when the app warns you of communication problems with the receiver.
* (ALL) Changes made to 'Rate this app' prompt & how it works. It will still reset itself every time a new version is installed, but it will wait a while before it prompts for a
rating. It also better explains the reason for repeated prompts for ratings. I don't think they are intrusive at all, but I do try to find a nice balance. :)
* (ALL) Prevents rare Force Close due to NPE (null pointer exception) on some devices when scanning or refreshing the mini-guide and now offers a solution. This error
is a result of an Android glitch and there's not much I can do about it other than prevent a crash and tell the user how to try and fix it (uninstall & reinstall the app).
* (PRO) Added option to keep the device awake when on a "main" screen in the app (another customer suggestion).
* (ALL) Other minor changes & improvements. So many little ones that I have forgotten what most of them were already.
Version 2.2.1 - June 23rd, 2012
* (ALL) Fixed NPE error (Force-close due to Null Pointer Exception) when backing out of mini-guide while it was populating.
* (PRO) When running the pro version, user is warned if the free version is also installed. This was added since the notifications are now available in the free version. If
the free version is running and the user starts the pro version, duplicate notifications can appear in the ongoing notifications list on the device.
* (ALL) Removed extra permissions accidentally added in 2.2.0. I was experimenting with seeing if the free version was running when the pro version was started in
order to kill the free version's process to prevent duplicate notifications. In the end I decided that the extra permissions required were not worth the benefit. (see above)
Version 2.2.0 - June 22nd, 2012
* (FREE) Notifications are now available in the free version!
* (FREE) Limited-functionality Mini-Guide now available in the free version (Current Receiver & 3 Favorites only). The pro version shows all of your receivers and all of
your favorite channels in the Mini-Guide.
* (ALL) Notifications now display current program info (On Now). Since this consumes extra battery, I have also added an option to disable this feature as well as
adjust the refresh rate which can help preserve some battery.
* (PRO) Added custom keyboard to Search Assistant (sends search characters as you type them). The original method of entering a full search term with your device's
keyboard and sending the entire thing at once is still possible in the Search Assistant for those who prefer the original method.
* (ALL) WiFi warning (when enabled) now only warns user if it fails to communicate with the selected receiver.
* (ALL) Added 'Email Developer' button to Options/Help screen.
* (ALL) Updated internal help.
* (FREE) App now prompts for rating when a new version is installed. This is to help ensure that reviews are 'current'. The free version also prompts for a rating every X
runs. Sorry, but ratings are important and unfortunately many people do not rate apps unless practically begged to do so. :)
* (PRO App now prompts for rating when a new version is installed. This is to help ensure that reviews are 'current'. Tip: If you have already rated recently, choose the
option to rate the app then just exit the Google Play app without leaving another rating. My app will then leave you alone until a new version is installed. Sorry, but
ratings are important and unfortunately many people do not rate apps unless practically begged to do so. :)
* (ALL) Many other minor improvements & changes
Version 2.1.5 - May 12th, 2012
* (PRO) Pro version now shows "Pro" in the app label. Much less confusing when trying to uninstall the free version or create shortcuts!
* (ALL) Fixed bug that could have caused a JSON error in prefs file on some builds when installing for the first time.
* (PRO) Added option for On Now to go straight to Mini-Guide.
* (ALL) Added option to disable WiFi check (only recommended if your device is not returning its status correctly).
* (ALL) Various small changes.
Version 2.1.4 - May 4th, 2012
* (ALL) Advanced scanning option for those where device fails to return its IP address (some custom ROMs) or those with advanced network configurations. Allows you
to enter the IP address of your Android device or the IP address of the router manually.
* (ALL) Added all previously "undocumented" options to the app's Options/Prefs screen. Previously these were tweaks that could only be made by editing the config file
> Show labels on colored buttons
> Keep macro list open after executing
> Mini-Guide Data Source
* (PRO) Notification now shows currently selected receiver.
* (ALL) Stability; cleanup.
* (PRO) New add-on app published. Allows you to create shortcuts to remote commands right on your home screen! No need to even open the app to send a
Version 2.1.3 - April 17th, 2012
* (ALL) Work-around for Android bug causing failure to return app cache folder on certain builds (caused error when scanning).
* (ALL) Attempts to address some NPE errors (Force-close due to Null Pointer Exception) seen in crash reports.
* (PRO) Fixed error when submitting search term in Search Assistant.
Version 2.1.2 - April 7th, 2012
* (PRO) Added 'red' button to Search Assistant mini-remote.
* (PRO) Mini-Guide favorites will now automatically refresh when favorites list has changed.
* (ALL) Specific message when 'On Now' fails due to receiver misconfiguration.
* (ALL) Improved Compact layout for certain tablets (Galaxy Tab, etc); Others tweaked a bit.
* (ALL) Reverted manual IP input method due to IME keyboard bug in Android.
* (ALL) First-run remote style now based on device type. Scrolling on smaller devices (phones) and Compact on tablets (which shows a full-length remote all at once).
As always, you can still pick the one you like best.
* (ALL) Other minor changes and bugs fixed.
Version 2.1.1a - March 9th, 2012
* (PRO) Removed unintentional warning messages when sending search terms in Search Assistant (accidentally left in from some testing).
Version 2.1.1 - March 9th, 2012
* (ALL) Updated instructions for identifying receiver IP to reflect different menu structure on the new DirecTV HD GUI.
* (ALL) WiFi detection loosened to help troubleshoot devices where WiFi is not being detected correctly.
* (ALL) Duplicate issue when stopping a scan.
Version 2.0.0 - January 21st, 2012
* (ALL) Added landscape support.
* (ALL) Layout improvements; Completely reworked the way the layouts are rendered resulting in more consistency across various devices.
* (ALL) Scan reliability improved.
* (ALL) Support added for more devices.
* (ALL) Various minor bugs fixed.
* (PRO) SD/HD resolutions toggle (HD GUI).
* (PRO) Option added to lock orientation to portrait or landscape.
* (ALL) Undocumented features added (see website).
* (PRO) New Mini-Guide (On Now > Mini-Guide). Shows what is currently playing on your receivers and favorite channels.
Version 1.1.3 - October 30th, 2011
* (ALL) Added more info about ensuring receivers are setup correctly when beginning a network scan.
* (ALL) Reported 'no WiFi connection' on certain devices when WiFi was on and connected but Airplane Mode was enabled.
* (PRO) Preparations for upcoming changes to DirecTV receivers and DVRs that would have affected the Search Assistant.
Version 1.1.2 - October 7th, 2011
* (FREE) Warn user if Pro version is installed but the free version was launched (using an old shortcut).
* (PRO) New option to show a status bar notification icon (allows you to quickly access the app again from the notification drop-down). Enabled by default. 'Menu' >
'Options / Help' to change.
* (PRO) Macro List now closes after a macro is chosen. Previous behavior was intentional but seemed unnecessary.
* (ALL) Revised WiFi checking.
* (ALL) Various small changes.
Version 1.1.1 - September 20th, 2011
* (PRO) 'On Now' feature now includes a "MORE" button to search IMDb, allmusic, Amazon or Google to get more info on the currently tuned show, movie or music.
* (ALL) Fixed layout on qHD displays (HTC EVO 3D, DROID Bionic, etc) and tweaked some other layouts.
* (ALL) Addressed some rare issues seen in Developer Console crash reports.
* (ALL) Minor cosmetic changes.
Version 1.1.0 - September 11th, 2011
* (PRO) With the new list organizer, you can now rearrange and rename receivers, favorites and macros. Menu > More > Organize Lists.
* (FREE) Pro-only features under Menu > More are now visible in the free version. When selected they explain what they do in the pro version.
* (ALL) App (APK) size slightly reduced.
* (ALL) Fixed occasional issues with lists losing their transparency.
* (ALL) Much-improved filtering of junk/forbidden characters in text fields.
* (ALL) Several other tweaks & minor cosmetic changes.
Version 1.0.6 - September 5th, 2011
* (ALL) Fixed problem introduced in 1.0.5.
Version 1.0.5 - September 4th, 2011
* (PRO) 'Search' buttons at top of Search Assistant screen can now use custom macros (SEARCH and/or SEARCHDVR). For those CE'ers out there. ;)
* (PRO) Added more info to Search Assistant screen.
* (FREE) Pro-only buttons are now visible in the free version, but do not function.
* (ALL) Quickly switch receivers by pressing the info banner at the bottom.
* (ALL) 'On Now' now includes Artist, Track and CD Title information when tuned to a music channel.
Version 1.0.4 - September 3rd, 2011
* (PRO) Macro delays are now user-adjustable in order to obtain the best settings for your network environment. The new settings can be found in the Options/Help
screen (Pro only).
* (PRO) Added option to launch the DirecTV DVR Scheduler app (found under Menu > More).
* (ALL) Haptic Feedback feature is now available in other areas of the app (such as Favorites and Macro lists). As always, this can be adjusted or turned off completely
in the Options/Help screen.
Version 1.0.3 - August 28th, 2011
* (PRO) Decreased execution speed of macros to improve reliability when network or receiver is running slow. As mentioned in the description and FAQ, if you are
having problems with macro reliability, please reboot your DirecTV receiver.
* (ALL) Greatly reduced delay when 'backing out' of Macro, Favorites, and Search screens.
* (ALL) Minor UI appearance improvements.
Version 1.0.2 - August 25th, 2011
* (ALL) Fixed bug when adding new favorite channel.
* (PRO) When beginning to record a new macro, there was a delay while waiting for the chosen remote to unnecessarily redraw itself.
* (PRO) If a new macro was cancelled due to no buttons being entered, the status bar at the bottom still stated that a macro was recording.
Version 1.0.1 - August 23rd, 2011
* (ALL) Fixed occasional issue related to asking user to rate app again.
Version 1.0.0 - August 22nd, 2011
* Initial public release.